Dessert today: Baked bananas with rum sirup and some ice cream….
- 4 dried figs (in pieces)
- 75 ml red port
- 100 g sugar
- 3 leafs gelatin
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100 ml yogurt
- Cook the figs with half of the port (37.5 ml) and 25 g sugar for 2 minutes on low fire. Let it cool down.
- Soak the gelatin for 5 minutes in cold water.
- Heat the cream, carve the vanilla pod open and scrape the pith. Put the stick, the pith and 75 g sugar into the cream and let it (almost) cook for 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down a few minutes, squeeze the gelatin and add it to the cream together with the other half of the port.
- Let it cool down for 30 minutes.
- Add the figs and the yogurt, stir it and put it in 4 bowls.
- Cover them and put them in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
Note: recipe is translated by me and I’m not an expert, so take care!Â Please let me know if I made some mistakes.
Dutch readers can find the recipe on: http://www.ah.nl/recepten/recept?id=653574
[singlepic id=1436 w=540 float=none]
We have this Dutch saying when something taste extremely good: “Alsof een engeltje over je tong piest”. Literal Translation: “Like a little angel pissing on your tongue.” (Excusez le mot)
[singlepic id=1435 w=540 float=none]
Ricotta, whipped cream with sugar, cherry and chocolate pieces, cherry syrup and gelatin on top of a piece of chocolate cake.
[singlepic id=1385 w=540 float=none]
Made a (very nice) dessert for today: stewed pears mousse.